Abbott Electrophysiology—an organization that develops 3D mapping systems assisting in the identification of complex cardiac arrhythmias. The role of technology, and its implementation at events, is critical to the overall marketing strategy. At the 2015 Heart Rhythm Society (HRS) in Boston, Abbott engaged the Echelon team to develop a 40′ x 60′ island exhibit experience that would generate awareness and elevate perceptions of the company’s disruptive new technology. The project posed a few unique challenges, which required Echelon to develop:
- Immersive custom exhibit design to launch new Abbott brand;
- New mediums for conveying the unique value proposition for its 3D mapping system; and
- The entire build in less than 4 weeks!
From the start, the design concept grew around the idea of featuring an immersive video and interactive experience including:
- Med Info Station: a custom application detailing Abbott’s latest case studies and outcomes. Guests could interact with the application at any of three kiosks featuring 40” multi-touch screens.
- Hero Video Wall: a 12-screen array of seamless monitors masked behind two rhomboid windows. The unconventional canvas depicted dynamic messaging as a backdrop to the Med Info Station.
- LED Sign Structure: a massive 70’ long x 16’ deep x 6’ tall aluminum and fabric sign with integrated 3.9MM LED video panels. Dominating the space above the exhibit, it prominently displayed attention capturing video and brand identification.
- Interactive Pond: a table array of nine seamless video displays flanked by interactive audio stations where audiences could learn about the similarities between global ocean currents and electrical rotors within the heart.
- Rotor Theater: an intimate presentation stage backed by an array of nine seamless video displays. Experts on Abbott subject matter could present the latest findings in rotor technology and electrophysiology and speak in detail to queued large-scale imagery.
- Market Development Center: a custom double-deck structure which allowed Abbott executives and product managers to meet with partners and clients in an open yet intimate setting.
Combining studio class 3D animation platforms with modern post-effects techniques, Echelon developed a custom, product-centric video that artistically depicted how Abbott’s catheter interacts with the wall of the heart when creating an electrical physiological map of the chamber. The content, delivered at maximum resolution, was slightly greater than UHD (Ultra High Definition) and emphasized the quality and precision of the Abbott solution.
The combination of powerful and engaging multimedia throughout the space created a magnetic environment that felt fresh and exciting. Most importantly, it left customers and prospects truly amazed by the breadth of Abbott’s technological expertise and potential.